SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

dodgy barlow dealers!!

i was planning on buying a x4 imagemate but the site that seems to supply them appears to have a TERRIBLE track record with people on other forums... everything to orders not arriving for 12 weeks... to them being totally damaged....

is it worth getting an antares 5x barlow instead? (not the screw locking one)

Antares 1.25 inch x5 Barlow | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

for use with my skywatcher eplorer 200p f5 newtonian and an sp900nc cam

they certainly are great! they are the ones i ordered my scope off! the 'dodgy' dealers in question are called 'scopes n skies' and also have the name 'pulsar optics'! they seem to have a large number of bad rumours surrounding them

I've just ordered and taken delivery of a couple of items from them and it all went very smoothly. The secret with them is to phone and check stock availability before placing the order.

This is not the 1st time that I've had decent service from them but I'm also aware that others have been badly let down so I completely accept that the service can be variable at best.

The conundrum is that they do stock some interesting items which are not available from other dealers :eek:

I've just ordered and taken delivery of a couple of items from them and it all went very smoothly. The secret with them is to phone and check stock availability before placing the order.

This is not the 1st time that I've had decent service from them but I'm also aware that others have been badly let down so I completely accept that the service can be variable at best.

The conundrum is that they do stock some interesting items which are not available from other dealers :eek:

You beat me to it !

Phone first, check then pay ! 5X won't get as much use as the 4X Imagemate and that's a great piece of glass for the money !

Archived