Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

KevStar

Hello All StarGazers

After a couple of weeks reading posts on this forum I have finally decided to introduce myself. My name is Kevin, aged 39 and I live in the Quantock Hills in Somerset. Originally I registered in my pet's name of 'Snuffy' but on reflection decided that it would be rather embarrassing to be forever known by that name on this forum. So - KevStar it is from now on!

This is a first for me, never having posted anything other then a letter so bear with me as I'm sure to 'fluff it up' now and again.

My stargazing up till now has been limited to my binos but I'm chomping at the bit as I'm expect my Explorer250 and EQ6 pro to land on my doorstep withing the next few days. Oh yes - I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. My wife is going to have the shock of her life cos she has absolutely no idea how big this thing is going to be. Watch this space as I'm sure to be in BIG trouble.

Thanks to Greg (who I work with) and Steve from FLO for all their advice to date and in advance cos I know I'm gonna need a whole lot more before I get my new toy up and running. :lol:

Hi Kev,

Welcome.

Spookily, I'm a new member too, have only ever observed with binoculars and am also waiting on delivery of an Explorer 250 and EQ6 Pro from Steve!!! It may well look like super salesmanship by Steve, but I came to a relatively independent conclusion on what to buy. Interesting set of coincidences though.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be otherwise occupied for the next few weeks, so won't be able to take delivery let alone start playing. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the scope, whether your marriage survives etc. (I took Mrs MikeP to Astrofest and showed her how big they are, so no worries there for me).

Feel free to pass on any insights you glean.

Cheers

Mike

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

I'm told the kit is on the truck so should have it in a few days. I will probably upload a few photos of me trying in vain to set it up - followed by a few more once Greg has come over with the flashing lights on his car!

I read an equipment review (by I don't know who) on this forum a few days ago and I am slightly concerned that the 250 will not be balanced on the EQ6 with the counter weights provided. Should I be lining Steve pockets for an additional counterweight now or just cross my legs and wait and see if I can get it set up when it come out of the box!! Its a conundrum!!

Mike - I'll be sure to keep you posted. Did you go for eny eyepiece upgardes??

Archived