Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

clouds

Astro Imp

Earlier was having a moan to the wife that I didn't seem to be getting much use out of my scope because of the wrotten weather. Her reply:- "Bet your glad you didn't spend more on your new toy like some of them on that forum of yours." I didn't know what to reply. Any ideas?

Don't reply and hope she forgets the conversation. Never a good sign when the other half starts mentioning 'spend' as I'm sure you have your eye on something else to buy!

No chance a memory like an elephant, never forgets a thing and makes sure I know it :eek:

Yup all very frustrating, still waiting for a break in the weather to get first light on my scope.

I fear like other questions there's no right answer to that one.

Fortunately my girlfriends reaction to the telescope turning up in the lounge last weekend was oh good that's no where near as large as I imagined. She's currently referring to my time spent on SGL as talking to the star people which makes everyone sound kind of Bowie-esque.

Tyr

oh good that's no where near as large as I imagined.

Now that has definite potential ...

First, decide what you want.

Then, find something that is twice as big/expensive and start discussing what you are going to have to cut back on to be able to afford it.

Finally, allow her to 'beat you down' to what you intended to buy in the first place so she thinks she has made a massive saving.

Mmmm :eek::evil6:;)

Then, find something that is twice as big/expensive and start discussing what you are going to have to cut back on to be able to afford it.

Finally, allow her to 'beat you down' to what you intended to buy in the first place so she thinks she has made a massive saving.

Mmmm ;):evil6:;)

Sounds like a plan :eek::icon_salut:

Don't reply and hope she forgets the conversation. Never a good sign when the other half starts mentioning 'spend' as I'm sure you have your eye on something else to buy!

Seperate bank accounts + get stuff delivered to workplace - that's the answer! Never had any 'issues' so far.

Just buy her a handbag or pair of shoes and she will not question the ammount of money you are spending for a while!!!!! I,ve got myself some space with a recent pair of shoes she wanted....... works a treat!

Mmmm :eek::evil6:;)

The voice of experience there, thanks for the tip, I'll claim I want Ethos, and "settle" for Naglers!!

The voice of experience there, thanks for the tip, I'll claim I want Ethos, and "settle" for Naglers!!

Drat....I was laughing so much at DPs post, Mrs WB came over to read it....guess that plan won't work for me now