SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

You can only pick 1?

I was just thinking. If I had to show someone one thing through my scope (127 Mak) that would make them go "Wow that is amazing" then what would it be. I first thought Mrs Henderson @ number 15 but that wouldnt be appropriate (joke).

I was thinking would I show them the Moon things like Lunar x or the mountain range of Apennines. Or would I show them Globulars. To me Globulars are amazing but to someone else they are just a faint smudge. but then I thought Saturn, It would have to be Saturn. I remember when I first saw it I got the giggles coz I was just amazing.

So I'd like to hear from you guy's. Let me know what the one object you'd show someone to make them go "WOW":icon_salut:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have never looked through a scope before then it would have to be either the moon or Saturn...

Probably if it was me and I could only pick one - it would the the moon (providing it wasn't close to a full moon).

Cheers

Ant

Yep Saturn for me as well.

My scope is easily capable of a great view of the Orion Nebula...

...but you'd spend too long explaining it to the person viewing and would never get a "Wow", probably a "oh really, that's interesting?"

The moon would be a good one because there are so many things to look at, But saturn for me has the Wow factor. I havent had a chance to see the andromeda galaxy through my scope yet, so what would that look like? A faint Smudge?

I havent had a chance to see the andromeda galaxy through my scope yet, so what would that look like? A faint Smudge?

Pretty much, albeit a fairly large faint smudge.

Got to be Saturn ... never yet encountered anyone who hasn't had a WOW moment when they first see it.

I havent had a chance to see the andromeda galaxy through my scope yet, so what would that look like? A faint Smudge?

Not tried with my scope either, but have viewed through a 16" Dob.

That night it was pretty good viewing and was a smudge with a fair bit of detail round the edges.

I have told people about the ISS times for passing overhead.

That gets a non-telescope Wow if that counts ?

Not tried with my scope either, but have viewed through a 16" Dob.

That night it was pretty good viewing and was a smudge with a fair bit of detail round the edges.

I have told people about the ISS times for passing overhead.

That gets a non-telescope Wow if that counts ?

Definitely gets a non-telescope WOW, Humans travelling at 17500mph that in its self get a wow!:eek:

That's a tricky one.

First off we all think of Saturn but on more consideration I think I would go for the moon as long as it's not too full. My reasoning is there being more to see.

Then again perhaps Saturn :eek::confused:

I was just thinking. If I had to show someone one thing through my scope (127 Mak) that would make them go "Wow that is amazing" then what would it be. I first thought Mrs Henderson @ number 15 but that wouldnt be appropriate (joke).

I was thinking would I show them the Moon things like Lunar x or the mountain range of Apennines. Or would I show them Globulars. To me Globulars are amazing but to someone else they are just a faint smudge. but then I thought Saturn, It would have to be Saturn. I remember when I first saw it I got the giggles coz I was just amazing.

So I'd like to hear from you guy's. Let me know what the one object you'd show someone to make them go "WOW":icon_salut:

Thing is, the way I look at it is that Saturn gets the loudest WOW but the moon get the longest wooooooooow due to there's so much to see.

What do you guys thing?

:eek:

I first thought Mrs Henderson @ number 15 but that wouldnt be appropriate (joke).

Oi !! Mrs Henderson @ number 15 is my missus ;)

she is! :eek:...i think we need to have a talk, she told me she was divorced... ;)

is bigamy still illegal?

BTW i vote saturn, the moon you can see with your eyes (unless you're really myopic/blind) but saturn someone tells you it exists, but you cant see it unless you look through a scope...that's what i'd go for.

Archived