Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello All

Black Shuck

Just registered and would like to say what an excellent forum this is.

Short introduction: - I have been into astronomy since I was very young (approx 30yrs) but have remained a naked eye and binocular observer until now. Spare funds (lots of overtime) have allowed me to purchase a Celestron C8-NGT at last. Typically, we have had cloudy skies ever since, except for a short spell Wednesday night when I managed to get my first view of Saturn's rings.

Scope only came with a 20mm plossl which is fine but I will soon be looking for a couple of additional eyepieces and a barlow. Already found lots of useful eyepiece information and links but any advice greatfully received.

All the best

Bill £

Thanks all for your welcome notes.

Sorry Capt Chaos, the £ sign refers to my surname (Money - yes honestly) rather than an expression of wealth (unfortunately). Having seen the prices of decent eyepieces any spare income will soon be disappearing !!! Would like to get into astrophotograhy as well - you've got some great images!!

Cheers

Bill £

Hi Bill

Welcome to the forum from the latest new member.

Lets have some clear nights hey? Just as well it has been cloudy these past few weeks as I've been waiting for my first ever scope to be dellivered and clear skys would have been torcher.

Kev

Archived