Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ6 Power secure

sbooder

Hi All,

just another small and cheap mod.

As has been established, the power connector on the EQ6 is a little flaky and I am at some point going to do the mod to exchange the socket for a screw attaching type but until then this will do.

It is just some heavy duty Velcro, on the faceplate and on the cable. Works a treat and is so simple to do.

velcrocable1.jpg

velcrocable2.jpg

Ah! I wondered what the hell that was for when I got my NEQ6. It has been sitting in my scope bits box for three months.

That's what I presumed it was for as there's no mention of it in the documentation. :eek:

Though my EQ6 head is covered with strips of Velcro already.

Same here - where would we be without copious quantities of Velcro.

Nice mod. I've been meaning to do something like this for a while but didn't know quite how to do it. I like the idea of modding the adapter for a screw in type, must google this to find out how to do it.

Nice mod. I've been meaning to do something like this for a while but didn't know quite how to do it. I like the idea of modding the adapter for a screw in type, must google this to find out how to do it.

Astrotroniks has bought out a kit that will be on sale soon. You can send off the faceplate and circuit board for them to do at a cost of $99.99 plus postage from UK to USA and back!

I have made a modification. I found that you can still pull the cable a little just because there is some give, so I made a little stop (again velcroed), this time there is no play, well, not with what I would consider normal working conditions.

velcrocable3.jpg

velcrocable4.jpg

Archived