Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2" SCT Diagonal vs 2" Visual Back

oshb5

Both have their good and bad points. If you're going to leave the diag permanently on the scope then the SCT screw on type is ideal. However if you want to remove the diag for transporting or swapping between scopes then a 2" visual back and a regular push fit diag would be the best choice.

John

Hi

Thats what i thought with regard to the visual back and being able to use my 2" WO dioganal in my other scops It did seam a waste money wise.. I just wondered if with SCT diagonal being closer gave any extra benefit..

I also have a Starlight Express camera Would it be a good idea to get a SCT focuser for use with the camera. I have also read that it is a good idea to either get or make a Par-Focal eye that imitates the camera focal point So you can get the focus of the scope to camera as close as possible before fitting the camera. Would you say this is also good practice?

Andy

Archived