Narrowband

Woeful evening

Davie

Well due to one thing and another its been a couple of months since I ventured out with the telescope. So tonight it was agreed that the Mrs would let me have a bit of a sleep in tomorrow (today) or at least as much as you can with 3 kids under 5.

Anyway I get everything set up and fire up the laptop only to find that everything I had installed has gone so no imaging tonight I thought.

So ignoring the problem with the computer I go for a squint at the moon and being new at this I had forgotten how much detail you can see even with my small scope, next onto Saturn. So there it is and I go to move up to a higher magnification eye peice and goto focus it and it stops after a few turns of the wheel it clicks and stops moving, no its always been a bit sticky but never had any problems really. Out comes the screw driver and I take a look at the focuser's rack only to find theres about 3/4" of stripped teeth ;)

First time out in ages and it all went to pot.

Sorry about the long winded post but I just need to type it out to get it off my chest.

Right on with loading up the programs :o

Yeh I'll just have to get my hands on a new focuser. Just a pain that i get it all organised and it all goes wrong :o

and yes, 3 kids under 5 although the eldest will be 5 in a couple of months, a 3YO and the little one is at 11 months ;)

Yeh I'll just have to get my hands on a new focuser. Just a pain that i get it all organised and it all goes wrong :o

and yes, 3 kids under 5 although the eldest will be 5 in a couple of months, a 3YO and the little one is at 11 months ;)

Hope you have got the tv fixed now :D

Archived