Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13

MikeD

Hi all.

Clear skies last night.;)

The plan was to image M57 in Ha because the moon made LRGB imaging not ideal.

I started with some 20 minute subs hoping to get the outer shell.

After 5 subs I did a quick stack and although the shell was just there it was only just discernable from the background, so I upped it to 30 min subs.

After an hour I did the same with the data and found the shell just was not coming through any more, I came to the conclusion that unfortunately the transparency was not good at all and the conditions were just not good enough to pull the outer shell from the background.

So, stars were my best bet under the conditions and as the guiding was calibrated for the area I zipped over to M13 for some luminance.

I shot 25 @ 5 min's and added the data to last years raw data (32 @ 2 min's luminance and 10 @ 2 min's each RGB).

I can't decide if I like the core resolved or a more natural look with the core much brighter, so I have posted both.:o

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture11230-m13-l-25xx-dd-copy-4.jpg

yfronto-albums-mike-deegan-s-yfronto-s-images-picture11229-m13-l-25xx-dd-copy-3.jpg

post-13376-133877604072_thumb.jpg

post-13376-133877604081_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.:o

My head also thinks the second is the one but my hart tells me it's too flat and the core should be slightly burnt to show the true dynamic range of M13.;)

Mike.

I'd split the difference! This is a really interesting call. I think Martin started this little ball rolling and sent me back to my own for a brightening of the core in the name of honesty and impact.

I think you have a bit of green lurking in the lower part of your background. SCNR in PI or Hasta La Vista Green, from Rogelio at Deep Sky Colors, would nail it I guess.

Olly

Yep, the new edit is great. They are all stunning images, but I think this balanced one is more natural and 'globby', if that's even a word!

Well done indeed.

I think you have a bit of green lurking in the lower part of your background. SCNR in PI or Hasta La Vista Green, from Rogelio at Deep Sky Colors, would nail it I guess.

Olly

Thanks Olly, I missed that.

You can also see where the old colour data doesn't completely cover the new L data the bottom and left edges have no colour,;) might be worth catching some new colour.

Mike.

Ahhhhh.... can't stop messing now.;)

Weighted 60/40 to the resolved version and another colour tweak( a touch more green) and croped out the stacking noise from the top edge.

Mike.

yfronto-albums-mikes-images-2-picture11284-m13-l-25xx-dd-copy-12-1.jpg

Archived