sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Antares region

prokyon

Hi folks!

After some time of abstinence I wanna show you my result. Done this week with the Canon EF 200 at f/5 and the Moravian G2-8300. It is a LRGB, 8x600s for every channel.

I am from Austria, but this southern object is still very difficult. Here you can see the rising of Antares. Some minutes after this I startet to exposure.

antares_aufgang.jpg

I needed 2 nights for doing that:

South_of_Rho_Ophiuchi.jpg

large:

http://www.prokyon.startime.at/Bilder/South_of_Rho_Ophiuchi_66perc.jpg

Cheers

Werner

I have a guest determined to get this in a couple of weeks. Even here it is low and is so sensitive to the slightest LP. You really have done well.

How do you change filters with the camera lens? On my 200mm setup I just use an OSC camera.

Olly

awesome shot pal.. can you explain in detail how you did this? the top shot and the one below that are totally different.. yet when you see the star patterns you realize its the same area..

ive been doing some beginner dslr imaging too.. and only some of my images turn up like your top one.. but never like the one below that.. please tell me how you did this.. thanks.. :eek:

asim sohail..

Well done it is a very tricky object being low in Europe, and with the orange from Antares its also difficult to know if its a reflected nebula colour or light pollution when processing. great job with the colours.

Tom.

Thank you very much for your nice comments!

@AweSIM

As I did the pic with the tree line, I had not finished the framing. I used this time for focusing.

What equipment do you use? Especially what lens. Please tell me, so I can give you further information and help.

@sheri_barri

I use the G-42 (Gemini from Hungary)

Cheers

Werner

@prokyon.. brother.. i have a nikon d90 dslr.. no tracking mount right now.. so i can take 30s exposures at max without noticeable trails.. but i can stack them i guess.. what do you mean by framing.. my apologies for sounding stupid but im a novice so bear with me please.. :).. can you explain in detail what would i need to do to produce such a shot? given the equipment? :p