SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Drift Alignment & PEC

Hi guys

i'm slowly getting used to setting up my scope using drift allignment and although i reckon i have a few more attempts before i am happy the difference has been huge.

Along with practice the next step will be Period Error Correction of the mount.

After i have recorded my PEC i have to use the playback feature to see if its now right but... once i am happy do i always need to have the playback feature on whilst using the scope or does it just remember?

Also will the PEC chip lose the settings after powering down?

cheers

Alan

Unfortunately it depends on the mount itself! Some store the PEC information whilst others have to have it replayed every time. I've no idea whether the CGEM does or doesn't. The best source of mount specific info is often the manual.

Which PEC software have you used? If it's PemPro, have a look on the PemPro support site. Ray Gralak who wrote PemPro is always available and offers excellent advice

Steve

The Instructions say the information from the recording are stored on the PEC chip in the mount, its a feature of the mount and no additional software is required but its a little unclear whether i have to do PEC replay on each session and whether its saved after the mount is powered down.

Archived