Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can I piggy back a WO ZS66 on a SW130p?

Were you up at the NLO last Friday?

I' ve just got hold of a 66 and have the same problem, dont know if it's best to piggy back or mount it side by side with my Celestron C8. I think you should be able to mount it on top of your tube rings. You'll need a mounting bar and a pair of guide scope rings if you want to get it to point at the same object. It may be possible to just mount it on one of the rings like a camera but I'd not recomend it.

Speak to Martin at FLO or bring it up to the NLO on Friday evening.

You may need a heavier mount?

Imho - you will likely find it a spot too heavy with the eq2 mount. These mounts are usually only just good enough for the scope that comes on them without adding much else weight wise.

You'll find the ZS66 better for imaging dso's in any event - it's a totally different type of scope and would be a tad wasted as a guider ;)

Were you up at the NLO last Friday?

I' ve just got hold of a 66 and have the same problem, dont know if it's best to piggy back or mount it side by side with my Celestron C8. I think you should be able to mount it on top of your tube rings. You'll need a mounting bar and a pair of guide scope rings if you want to get it to point at the same object. It may be possible to just mount it on one of the rings like a camera but I'd not recomend it.

Speak to Martin at FLO or bring it up to the NLO on Friday evening.

You may need a heavier mount?

Yes, I am a member of the NLO and I was indeed there last Friday and I'll be there again this Friday! I'll have a word with Martin!

Archived