Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

after a damp showery day clear tonight?

garethmob

If this low Cu clears at dusk then I will be out. I hope to do some imaging of the moon for the first time then go after a few DSOs. Last night looked promising for a while but got socked in with broken low cloud after dusk.

I'm still learning imaging so I'm mainly in it for practice at the moment.

Cheers

Ian

Forecast says it will clear here by about 6 and then stay that way all night.

With the moon on one side of the house, I am planning having a go at imaging NGC 6543 on the other. That is planned to take me up to about 1am. After that it will depend on conditions (outside and mine;)).

Promises to be clear here later, I'll set up anyway, if it's partly cloudy will still be able to observe the moon.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The moon is getting a bit full to really do any DSO viewing at the moment.

i'll be on the sofa, cursing the post office !!

My old camera mount, somehow got fused to the Baader adaptor ring & wouldn't come off.

New one ordered & it's still on the way to me !!

ARGHHH & it's so clear outside ...............

Really good night for me afterall:) first light(if u can call it that:P) with my eq3-2 synscan and 102st:) bee hive, double cluster, Saturn with moon, and our majestic moon. Tried a few dso on the 'tour' but either moon washed them out or scope too small shall have to do some investigative work:) but cracking night non the less:)

Are you anywhere near Amroth Peter? I'm on holiday there from tomorrow for a week and was hoping that you could tell me the forecast is looking good for the next 7 days? ;)

Sorry Martin I am further East most of my weather comes from that direction......

Enjoy Amroth and Pembs in general .. lovely place

Archived