Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd Cumbria Star Party

Hello everyone,

I am drooling and googling too. I shall bring along my Sky Watcher 130p :D

Val and I can't wait to see you all again and meet all our new friends.

The weather outlook web site seems to be showing better weather for us all.

Must dash, we are still preparing for the weekend.

See you all tomorrow

Nina and Val

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone,

I am drooling and googling too. I shall bring along my Sky Watcher 130p :D

Val and I can't wait to see you all again and meet all our new friends.

The weather outlook web site seems to be showing better weather for us all.

Must dash, we are still preparing for the weekend.

See you all tomorrow

Nina and Val

I hope you are right Girls, the Met Office suggests rain on Saturday night, but perhaps better for Sunday. Anyway, I shall be there (rain or clear). This time I will leave the 14" Flextube GoTo at home and bring my old 8" LX90 SCT as well as the PST. That gives me more room in the car for other bits and pieces, including Lappy + projector, camera, fixed tripod etc.

Tom

I'm a bit sad really, I just bought a tent, a gas camping stove and an aluminium cooking set in anticipation of the weekend, but I'm afraid with the weather being as threatening as it is, I'm afraid I'll have to cry off.

As I said dt, I'm more than happy to send a tenner to cover the empty space.

I'll be watching the thread with interest and I'm really hoping I'm wrong and the weather clears up.

With luck though, I'll be at the next one!

Alan

Alan don't worry about the tenner honestly. I can't believe you have all that new equipment. If you decide throughout the weekend you fancy popping over just get packed up and head over.

We have a little dry area where we can all chill out through the day should we need shelter and I have a good feeling about the night, I think we will just scrape through.

My full hardy Tom, can't wait to see you tomorrow. Are you all packed up? Val and I are going up the back just now to make final preparations so I had better dash.

See you all tomorrow. Whoop Whoop

Nina

My full hardy Tom, can't wait to see you tomorrow. Are you all packed up? Val and I are going up the back just now to make final preparations so I had better dash.

See you all tomorrow. Whoop Whoop

Nina

Yep, foolhardy indeed. :D I want to use the weekend partly to see how I cope with less good weather, whilst in a tent. I want to go to Kielder and Galloway star parties in the Autumn, and the weather is always mixed. So this weekend will be a good trial.

See you mid afternoon Nina - do I just drive in, or do I give you a buzz whilst 5 mins away?

Tom

Jeepers Alan,

I didn't even give that a thought. I will 2nd what David has said. Don't worry about getting over here from Carlisle. You have had the offer from David and if it so happens you get here before David I will pop over for you. I know what you are saying about the weather though.

Even if you want to pop over for the Sunday, we will still get you over here.

What a dodgy host I am - Sorry.

Hi Inky (Allan), I'm going down and hope to be there around 4pm'ish, if Carlisle's not to far away, I dont mind popping over and collecting you, my mobile is see pm sent

David

OOps, just noticed Alan has called off, :D if you change your mind the offer is still there

David

Gosh, Weather Outlook changes every hour. Saturday had "clear spells" not even an hour ago, now it is total cloud. Sunday looks good though.

There will be jacket potatoes and chilli on Saturday night if anyone would like one. We have the supplies and are only going to charge a small amount, not sure what just yet. All proceeds to the Nina/Val telescope fund.

I think this party is going to be ace.

There will be jacket potatoes and chilli on Saturday night if anyone would like one. We have the supplies and are only going to charge a small amount, not sure what just yet. All proceeds to the Nina/Val telescope fund.

I think this party is going to be ace.

MMMM CHILLI :D

David

Guys, you lot are amazing.

I'm trying to rejig things so I can come for the Sunday.

DT, you aren't a dodgy host at all, you had already mentioned that the trip from Carlisle to your place would be handled.

David, you are incredibly kind, thank you so much.

I'll set about reorganising things so I can get to carlisle on Sunday.

Again, thank you so much.

Alan

Great Stuff Alan, Looking forward to it.

Just drive in Tom, I am sure Val or I will be around. We are hoping to get our tent up before people arrive so I dare say when the 1st person gets here they will find Val and I attempting to put the TWO man tent up. Isn't that a relief for everyone.

I am sure I have sent everyone my phone number by now. I you have not got it let me know and I will pm you.

Enough jackets and chilli for everyone.

Must dash again we keep popping back in to see if there are any new posts. I don't think Val will be able to sleep tonight.

Nina

Hi all

I will be there earlier tomorrow (than last time) I should be there 2 ish.

Wether the clouds cooperate or not twill be fun.

Looking forward to meeting you all again and meeting the newbies too.

See you tomorrow

Rob.

Guys, I got things sorted after all, if everything goes as planned, I should be landing in Carlisle at some point between 2 and 3pm on Sunday.

It's going to be a bit of an epic journey, the Carlisle bound side of Corbridge train station doesn't have any ramp axis and since I'll have everything packed in my trolley, I'll be handling it down those steps.

Should be fun.

David, I have your mobile number, but dt, I don't think I have yours, could you pm it to me please?

I'm looking forward to this!

Alan

It's going to be a bit of an epic journey, the Carlisle bound side of Corbridge train station doesn't have any ramp axis and since I'll have everything packed in my trolley, I'll be handling it down those steps.

Should be fun.

That sound like a whole pile of fun.

Glad you are going to make it for one of the days.

Good Morning, good morrning.

I have just got in from work and straightaway had to log in and read the new posts. I am so pleased you are all as excited as Val and I are.

I will give you all a laugh; I have just fast forwarded stellarium till tonight; give it a go. "Christmas Eve" - I know what you mean - I think I am in Christmas Day now.

See you all soon.

Nina

Well ive spent £150 on season 5 sleeping bag, £80 quick tent (2 seconds !), £20 matt, then i bought a camp bed!

I have to come otherwise my wife will lynch me :D

Looking forward to meeting new friends and having a laugh with recent new ones...

If your sat on the fence ... just jump and bring a few beers in case it gets cloudy :p

Archived