Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Such a lucky shot as I had the DSLR connected at the time already set and focused when this shot by the star I had been using for the calibration.

Thankfully the meteor was moving relatively slowly so I could track in front of it and reel off a couple of shots at a nice high shutter speed and enough time to use the delayed 2sec shutter release.

It certainly felt like the universe rewarding me for the effort. ;)

fireball_by_blackparticle-d3g30jg.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good shot and extremely lucky to be pointing in the right direction at the right time.

will make a brilliant photo for your album and something to remind you of the spontaneity of the cosmos.

.. you should send that to Sky @ night.

Good idea. Are the contributions just via the Flikr site?

I'll have to check tomorrow through the RAW files to see if any of the other shots came out as well. A quick glance through revealed this was probably the best one to enhance in Photoshop but I might be able to put a sequence together of a couple more images.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived