SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Through The Wormhole with Morgan freeman

dave1978

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched last nights episode, not sure if it was a repeat from earlier on but I did find it very interesting.

The information is very detailed and seems to have far more conclusive theories than 'Wonders of the Universe', from stating that life on earth did probably begin from comet/asteroid impacts depositing single cell organisms and providing evidence to back up their claim.

Just not sure about Morgan Freeman narrating. Brilliant voice but at times it sounded like a voice over for a forthcoming movie!

All-in-all, well worth viewing though.

I think Morgan Freeman narrating is good, far less patronising and childish than Brian Cox who suffers from a huge dose of BBC news presenter style partonising tone, lets talk like everyone is under 10 years old and thick.

I like Morgan Freeman, he has gravitas. I also thought the program did not try to dumb down the content and it did get me thinking. Maybe it veers to the philosophical but it would appear that astrophysics and philosophy are drawing closer together. It is certainly worth a look in.

I think Morgan Freeman narrating is good, far less patronising and childish than Brian Cox who suffers from a huge dose of BBC news presenter style partonising tone, lets talk like everyone is under 10 years old and thick.

Try and bear in mind that the wonders series and the BBC and Brian Cox are trying to appeal to A wide audience and are trying to raise Interest in astronomy and science. It's not designed to increase the knowledge of Seasoned astronomers and dedicated scientists but rather to get people to put down their celebrity gossip magazine and take a look at the sky and open your eyes to what's really out there. To a certain degree of success I think. Science and astronomy should be part of popular culture and the BBC is doing a very good job. Although I agree with the fact that Through the Wormhole is very very good. I think I'll be watching more than once!

I have And its really good, Morgan has the voice to narrate without sending you mad like the mono-tone guy that does the universe series..

Haha can you imagine if that guy spoke like that all the time? At home with the wife etc etc lol

Mmm? Seems like "creationist" propoganda.

I must have missed that bit?

As far as I can see it gives a balanced and sensible view of current understanding of the topics discussed and contains far more information in one episode than Brian Cox managed in a whole series. ;)

Well worth watching IMO, hope they make some more.

That programme is pretty interesting, but I swear freeman's voice isn't as good as it used to be?

Possibly, but he's no youngster anymore and he's presenting as himself not playing a role.

He certainly comes across as an enthusiast

It's a fantastic programme so far, but it is one that needs watching again as so much info is given, watching it again gives you chance to pick up more detail that may have been missed first time round lol. Brian Cox has been fantastic on his shows, his enthusiasm is what is raising interest in astronomy especially in our younger generation and anything that inspires kids to study something worthwhile and carry on the work already started clearly can't be a bad thing!!! Can it? 

Archived