sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Lunar images taken on my phone through my bins

I took these through my mobile phone held up to my bins - it was about a month ago when the moon came up this colour.

Not the greatest photos but amazing what you can get even just with basic equipment.

MOON1.png

MOON2.jpg

I got my first decent moon photo from holding a camera up to the telescope eyepiece. Problem is it sucks you in and you end up spending a fortune on more gear :D

I tried this and I couldnt get it to work - very nice.

It was fiddley to do - you couldn't just hold it straight up to the bins, you had to go in at angles - very bizarre and took me so long and I was concentrating so hard I missed an ISS pass I had been waiting for!

I got my first decent moon photo from holding a camera up to the telescope eyepiece. Problem is it sucks you in and you end up spending a fortune on more gear :D

It has started already I am saving for an EQ6 and getting a Dob in July!

I held my 5mp phone up to the ep on my 150pl and got some brilliant shots of the moon. the more i used zoom the smaller the field of view became but it still showed some good detail. I remember seeing the moon that colour last month cos my wife wanted me to take some pics of it but for some reason i didn't do it.