Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

scope power distribution hub design

Random ideas with the unwired <cough> "prototype". This is (now!) more of a "base station" to provide power for the "desk end". The BNC and USB are chassis mounting (Maplin) double female sockets to avoid soldering. Note use of (the most frequently available?) 3-pin XLRs. Oblivious of "health & safety" (note!), I use cheap FLAT Wood Drills to get through Eddystone Box aluminium, but... :)

PowerBox.jpg

I do wish common ~15A POWER switches fitted circular holes. Drilling "rectangular" ones in a bit of a bind IMO. :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I was actually using a "deep cycle" leisure battery. The small power sockets might deliver lower (stabilised?) voltages. But then I (ALSO!) thought - This is getting a bit complicated. Still not entirely sure how the various bits should be "distributed". Should I somehow "stick" the box to the side of the mount or just e.g. the USB Hub, the dew controller box... Decisions, decisions. :)

Archived