SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Autoguiding - setup sorted

spanky

Phase one complete, ST80 and QHY5 are hooked up to the lappy and looping with PHD. Very bright, but I'm focused (sort of lol) on the trees out the back looking through the window.

Couple of questions...

1. On the menu at the top in the Mount menu, do I select "on camera"? I'll be connecting the QHY5 direct to the mount's autoguiding port.

2. Do you have to select the camera every time you start PHD or can you get it to save settings?

Ta :D

Fingers crossed I won't have to wait too long for a clear night with no wind to try it out!

IIRC you are correct.

Unfortunately I think you do have to select the camera each time you start PHD, maybe an update in the future will sort this out?

Good luck, I hope you get to try it out soon.

You need to press the camera icon and then you will get a list of cameras. WIth the QHY5 select CCD Lab Q guider - then it will recognise the camera. Click on capture and you should hopefully get a star to then calibrate on.

Yes you do need to select the camera each time to start PHD. Hope that helps.

Archived