Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Turn your LP skies in to dark sites.

spaceboy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh. They have arrived!!

Looking at the packaging it appears that they have been opened at customs and re-packed in a new envelope.. Good job I didn't order that Uranium from them at the same time. :o

So what do they do?

Well.. On the back they have a slider to adjust for myopia, hyperopia and normal optics. Focusing is done via twisting and pulling the front lens out so the wearer does get a few chances to at least try and get an object in focus.

How well do they do it?

Not very. The focusing is very stiff and it appears one lens is somehow linked to the other so when you do manage to get them to turn, chances are it will put the other out of focus.

Can I see anything through them at all?

Yes.. at an estimated.. wait for it.. hugely massive x1.68342 magnification !!

Who would these be good for?

Little children who are covered in jam, mud, toffee and chip grease who think it's a good idea to go play with your telescope when your back is turned. In my case, these children will be owned by someone else and I think it's fair to say that these binoculars are the perfect alternative to compulsory amputation.

Should I buy a pair ?

Humanity makes enough **** as it is. Even a budget set of £5 binoculars from a petrol station would be infinitely better than these. Also, the makers were so thoughtful that the eyepiece is exactly 1.3" inches across.

Can I get them in other colours apart from yellow ?

Probably not but at least everything you look at will have a rainbow glow. ;)

I shall report back with a moon update later.

Alan.

Well I saw the moon. At first I thought it was just a blur.. but that was only a cloud.

I did manage to get some sort of focus out of them although not really that much magnification. The moon wasn't much bigger but the stereoscopic effect and dubious optics was rather trippy. ;)

Honest verdict: Totally rubbish, however, the perfect distraction for a small child.

Well I saw the moon. At first I thought it was just a blur.. but that was only a cloud.

I did manage to get some sort of focus out of them although not really that much magnification. The moon wasn't much bigger but the stereoscopic effect and dubious optics was rather trippy. :eek:

Honest verdict: Totally rubbish, however, the perfect distraction for a small child.

Now I'm thinking the poor results were due to the fact you didn't get the deluxe version All optical glasses style telescope Binoculars fishing | eBay UK ;)

Archived