DSS Raw Settings

I would also like to know the answer to this question. Particularly with a modified camera, should we be adjusting the white balance before stacking? I'm guessing so...?

When I first started using DSS the only thing I changed was the Bayer Matrix Transformation from Bilinear Interpolation to AHD.....can't remember exactly why I did that now but it would be good to get some guidance on this.

Well, on the FITS tab there is a brightness setting which you can increase if you cannot get enough stars to stack, so I would guess that the brightness setting on the RAW tab does the same thing.

But that is only a guess.

That's good to know.....but I must have been lucky as I've never had DSS not be able to find enough stars:D

I know a few people have had that problem so if the brightness setting is a way round that then that's a great point you have made. Thanks:)

Archived