SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Light Optics New Website

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great. I cant wait until the stock count feature is up and running.

I look forward to browsing the site some more now whilst I think of my next purchase :D

Looks good, though it didn't recognise my email address as being an existing account, and (consequently?) the outstanding orders part is empty ("No orders were found within the last 12 months") - even though I have a 200p on the way,,,?

Chris

Any chance of a pay with paypal button, hate filling in forms.

We will look into that :D Currently PayPal is available at the checkout and, after your initial order, forms are automatically filled in when placing orders. And with your first order you have the auto address lookup to speed up the process.

Looks great. I cant wait until the stock count feature is up and running.

We are working on that one :p It is proving the most difficult feature to implement but it was the most requested so we will make it happen.

We hope to have it up and running by end of week :D

We will look into that :D Currently PayPal is available at the checkout and, after your initial order, forms are automatically filled in when placing orders. And with your first order you have the auto address lookup to speed up the process.

Yes, having to enter an address when using PayPal used to annoy me when using the old site. The filling in an address in any shape or form needs to be bypassed when using PayPal, even with postcode lookup.

Cheers,

Chris

Looks good, though it didn't recognise my email address as being an existing account, and (consequently?) the outstanding orders part is empty ("No orders were found within the last 12 months") - even though I have a 200p on the way,,,?

The new website uses a 'much' more powerful account system but it is not compatible with the previous one so we had to start afresh. We have retained all previous order details so can continue with backorders and supply details of a previous order if required, but they are not accessible online.

HTH :D

I have placed two orders in the last 24 hours and despite using Paypal the confirmation e.mail says Payment Method is Credit Card??

I see what you mean. The ecommerce system is labeling all orders placed online as credit card payments. We do know here which orders are paid using PayPal but I am not sure at this stage how to change the description in your order confirmation email. I guess if we know, and you know (you will have received a confirmation from PayPal) then it is more an anomaly that needs tidying up than an actual problem. We can edit any number of things so I am confident that we will be able to find and change the description. Thank-you for spotting it :D

Steve

... glad you kept some of the old features which I like.
... it maintains the FLO 'feel' but is even smoother
... still looks familiar as FLO but with added 'FLOness'!

:p

That is precisely what we were aiming for :D

website looks good, did a VERY short review:D and just done some tidying up indoors and found a credit card with no balance on it hmm hmm hmmm:evil6:

Bye the way steve, how far are you from exeter diesels, as i should be going there a few times to pull some stock out from them now they no longer a franchise for the horsebox`s? might save some postage

About 15 minutes :D Best that you check first that we have what you need as stock availability from the importers is still a problem.

One problem I found is when looking at the true tech supaslim manual filter wheel there is no options as for what you need e.g 1.25 or 2" etc

Oops! I missed that one! Some products with multiple options weren't easily imported. I'll get on it asap.

Thank-you :D

Please consider adding a pre-order or reservation/"contact me when this product is available" feature.

Oh, and if you have your notebook open now please put my name down next to the 8" Quattro's :eek:

Tru-Tek do an M54 faceplate version and multiple other adapters and converters. Are you going to stock them or will they be special order items?

We have concentrated on the most popular adapters but it is on my todo list to chat with Nick at Tru-Tek to discuss his other models and adapters.

Steve

is it poss to have a "New" section just a page with everything thats new products?

We do have a Latest News section where we will post details of new products and the banner on the home page will be regularly changed to hi-light the products we feel most noteworthy but it might be that a straightforward New Products section will be more popular. We'll give that one some serious thought. Thank-you :eek:

Archived