Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Elephant's Trunk - Emission nebula at last!

Shibby

Well, having struggled a bit to modify my new 450d, I'm thrilled to finally put it to a proper test with an emission nebula! :) Tuesday night, IC1396 just peeked around my neighbour's house so I grabbed as much data through my Easterly LP as I could before it got light.

49x2mins unguided, ISO800.

I would have liked to get a bit more data before posting, but with the nights getting shorter and the forecast not looking too good for the next week, well, here it is...

shibby-albums-latest-images-picture11079-elephants-trunk-nebula.jpg

Wow, that's an excellent result, I'm constantly amazed by what people are achieving with DSLR's. Focus looks to be a hairs width of perfect but like you already stated, a few more subs and your well on your way to a top class image.

I have to have ago at this one myself one of these day, well done.

One of the best unguided pictures I've seen. Really well done.

In strong Ha targets haloes are often seen so I wouldn't worry about those. They don't detract. This is a faint target so take a bow!

Olly

Archived