Eos clip HA filter

I am looking at getting a Ha filter for my DSLR. I have spent a lot of time trying to decide whether it is worth it - So unfortunately I've not used one. Spent a lot of time searching Flickr for uploads.

Have a look here and here for a couple of examples.

I havent used a clip in HA filter but i have used a broader 35nm 2" one and found it worked ok with a modded DSLR ..

You will really be looking for much longer exposures typically 15-30 mins so tracking/guiding needs to be working really well...

Peter...

I am looking at getting a Ha filter for my DSLR. I have spent a lot of time trying to decide whether it is worth it - So unfortunately I've not used one. Spent a lot of time searching Flickr for uploads.

Have a look here and here for a couple of examples.

Thanks Sara, the first image has come out really well and the second aint to bad for a single sub (I think).

I may just bite the bullet and get one and see how it goes. :)

I havent used a clip in HA filter but i have used a broader 35nm 2" one and found it worked ok with a modded DSLR ..

You will really be looking for much longer exposures typically 15-30 mins so tracking/guiding needs to be working really well...

Peter...

I'm happy that I'd be able to achieve 15 minutes plus with my guiding so longer exposures shouldn't be a problem (He says with fingers well and truly crossed.;))

I've nearly pressed the buy button on a Atik 314L+ a few times now but the ease of use of the DSLR is stopping me. I'm sure there is more to get out of it and HA has been interesting me for a while......decisions, decisions.:)

Archived