sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Making Every Photon Count-available in digital format?

tonyjh2

As the question implies, does anyone know if this publication is available as a digital download? Strikes me that it might be a little easier like this than to have to contend with the hard copy version and a red light torch.

Cheers

I'm also a big eBook user. Infact I haven't bought a paper book in 25 months.

However this book sounds really good and isn't available in electronic format. Its a shame that the author doesn't wish to consider it. Even so, I've given in and ordered a paper copy even though I've read they fall apart after a while and will break my 25 month quest.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

Thanks Ian/Billy. Seeing as how this book has so many devotees, think I'll go ahead and order it anyway.

Ian, apologies for going off at a tangent, but noticed your equipment set-up, which is very close to what I will be aiming for when I turn to imaging at some point in the future; though perhaps with the Evostar 100ED DS Pro. I presume from this that imaging is your primary interest and was curious as to how pleased you are with that set-up - anything you would have changed with hindsight & how do you rate the visual side?

Cheers

Hi Tony,

Visual with a bit of imaging was my aim initially but with the long term aim to go more for the imaging side.

I'm really happy with the setup I have now, just need to put a few more hours in to really get my technique nailed both for setup and for imaging. I've got the setup down to five minutes now and have been imaging within ten. I'm buying this book before I go any further to avoid any costly mistakes, equipment wise, as I can see myself movign from DSLRs to dedicated imaging camera. :)

But yes, really very happy with the setup. Visually works really well and some initial imaging attempts have been suprisingly good. Just getting a focal reducer/flattener for the scope and then I think I'll have something I'm happy to post.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian - very helpful.

Same reason for getting this book as mine. Even though I'm "without scope" at the moment (hope to rectify this by the end of May with a C9.25 on a NEQ6), thought I'd start planning ahead for say next year when I can see myself getting into the AP side of things. The C9.25 would be OK for this, but think I'd get much greater results with a 3"-4" APO refractor and the SW ED DS-Pro range seems excellent bang for your buck.

I think there are cost implications with eBooking it. Steve has pretty much published the book himself and is not made of limitless funds (although I bet he wishes he was!), so you'll probably have to make do with paper FTB.