Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another question - this time Coma Correctors!

Quick and easy - do I go for the SW Coma Corrector on FLO or the Baader MPCC - priced £97 & £103 repectively - whats best & why. TO be used with DSLR on a 200P.

Simple.

Cheers!!:)

I only have experience of the Baader MPCC but it does exactly what it is supposed to do. On my older style SW 200P and 250P with the original R & P focusers, I had to make up a custom adapter to allow the MPCC to fit inside the throat of the tube but that would apply with any corrector and those OTAs.

A third option is the Altair Astro model at a similar price which has the advantage of a larger, so less critical design spacing of 75mm rather than 55mm, but you need spacers (Hyperion fine tuning rings, empty 2" filters or whatever) for visual use. I am happy with mine.

• 2 weeks later...
I only have experience of the Baader MPCC but it does exactly what it is supposed to do. On my older style SW 200P and 250P with the original R & P focusers, I had to make up a custom adapter to allow the MPCC to fit inside the throat of the tube but that would apply with any corrector and those OTAs.

The Skywatcher Coma corrector comes with the screw on adapter that allows the older R&P and single speed crayford focusers to use 2" accessories without that silly adapter arrangement.

Archived