Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quite a few Skywatcher MC firmware updates

Cheers for that. Hopefully it fixes the bug with the DEC jumping issue! (Which mione doesn't seem to have) Do you mind confirming your MC version after upgrading yours? Mine is 02.04.03. The version on the website is 02.04. (02.04.0???)

I am to scared to upgrade, incase it goes backwards in revision :)

Cheers

This thread got me thinking and so I decided to update my MC firmware too.

Before I began, the MC update utility said I was running v2.04.00, and after the update it said I am now running, um, v2.04.00...

Such a tremendous help.

I sent my EQ3 pro back due to the guiding probs. If this gets fixed I'd get a new one. It was very good apart from the guiding. Still don't get why an issue like this has lingered for so long.

I have hung onto mine on the condition that it gets fixed never mind how long it takes... although I didnt expect it to be a year or more and still no news on a solution to the problem... :)

Still living in hope that a solution will be found....

Peter...

Well I bit the bullet and updated the firmware in the EQ3-Pro...

The MCF was Ver 02.01.03 it's now Ver 02.04.03

Seems to slew and track ok... but only time will tell...

So my EQ3-Pro is now...

Hand Controller Firmware Ver 03.25

Motor Controller Firmware Ver 02.04.03

Hand Controller Hardware Ver 03.04

Database Ver 03.06

Decided to update the Hand Controller Firmare whilst i was at it...

Hand Controller Firmware Ver 03.27

Motor Controller Firmware Ver 02.04.03

Hand Controller Hardware Ver 03.04

Database Ver 03.27

Just about to do the HEQ5....

Oh well the MC firmware in my £5.00 HEQ5 Pro is too old to be updated as it's ver 01.08.01...

Peter...

• 1 month later...

So can you confirm that I can upgrade my HEQ5 on this site? I have the handset. So do I just plug into the PC using the same port as Stellarium uses and it will update away? - Obviously mount needs to be switched on too?

• 4 months later...

The guide issues (which bizarrely got worse on mine with progressive updates as Peter knows/saw at various star parties) now seem fixed on the EQ3, need to do way more testing, but it's not playing "see saw" (SLG6) which was one firmware update I got. The first build I had worked fine, as long as your polar alignment was close to bang on (review model)... since then, a lot of grief, but Skywatcher have been constantly in touch and helpful...can't knock them at all on that front..

Archived