Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Messier 82

Hi guys, been trying out some longer exposures and have taken a widefield image of M81 and M82 which I'm currently processing. Here is a cropped portion of The Cigar Galaxy M82. Processed in PixInsight and photoshop.

5 hours in 10 minute subs with 20 darks, 20 Bias and 20 flat calibration frames used. Shot with my modified Canon 1000d on ED80 and guided with QHY5 on ST80. Star spikes added for a little bit of fun....not sure if they work or not.:D

5680823038_e0f42d9127_z.jpg

Messier M82 The Cigar Galaxy by ashworthacca, on Flickr

Click on image to see larger view.

Thanks for looking. Any advise for improvment always welcome.

the stars and the galaxy centre are strongly Cyan from where I am looking.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, not getting the Cyan on my laptop that I processed it on so I'll check on my home computer later and correct this.

I like the core, you have got that really well. While the cyan has been toned down and is much better in my opinion, the spikes are still the same original cyan - Any chance they can be dealt with as well?

I like the core, you have got that really well. While the cyan has been toned down and is much better in my opinion, the spikes are still the same original cyan - Any chance they can be dealt with as well?

Thanks Sara:) The spikes were added after all the processing, just before I added the border. They came out cyan and I'm not sure why because I had already dealt with that problem in the stars. :) I think I saved a copy of the image before I added the stars so will have another play.

Thanks again Sara.;)

Archived