Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

F-SIM Space Shuttle App

tomw28

not really.just flight sells the space shuttle add on for £20 now.the host sim you can get now for the same price.the only real expediture will be on a decent joystick.i use saitek X52.which i got for £100 at pc world,but you dont need to buy that one,

‪Space Shuttle‬‏ - YouTube

the promo vid for the shuttle

How can £40 compare to 69p? Plus the cost of the joystick. Can't have just a quick go on that when you're sitting on the lavvy!

I'm giving too much away now. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice App, but wished, like the outside views, the cockpit had better graphics, it really shows, seems the cockpit is low res inside, high res outside and is very noticeable on the ipad 2

It's the same on iPad 1, perhaps in a future update it will be higher res?

I think a more detailed flight deck is already being worked on for the next update, though I can't promise anything.

The virtual cockpit was never really planned to be part of the app, it only came about when full iPad comparability was added. First they tried just scaling up the HUD for the iPad, but that didn't look to great. It was then decided to add a basic, fixed cockpit around the HUD, just a simple window frame. Then they decided to let the user choose the position which required the cockpit to be developed. With the current version, the external view was always the main focus so it was all done with immaculate detail, whereas the previous version (with the cockpit) wasn't as focused on one thing. That said I do think that even the current cockpit is great, though the new one does look even better from what I've seen.

i do understand its for the Iphone,but i'm justa fsx man at heart.the app for a phone or ipad will not have the great and fine detail that fsx space shuttle has.as for a £100 joystick,well its just like astronomy if you want good equipment it will cost.but you start of small and work your way up,plain joysticks give you controll.i have programmed mine for jets helicopters and airliners.seperate throttle and stick.

.my messy flight deck,

flightsimcontrollsbysaitek7.jpg

i do understand its for the Iphone,but i'm justa fsx man at heart.the app for a phone or ipad will not have the great and fine detail that fsx space shuttle has.as for a £100 joystick,well its just like astronomy if you want good equipment it will cost.but you start of small and work your way up,plain joysticks give you controll.i have programmed mine for jets helicopters and airliners.seperate throttle and stick.

.my messy flight deck,

flightsimcontrollsbysaitek7.jpg

Do you get jet lag after being on that setup for hours?

The price will probably be going back up soon now that Atlantis is back on the ground, so if you still haven't got it HURRY UP! It's also a lot easier to find now, as its number 1 on the AppStore!

Even Philip Schofeild is talking about this app now!

Version 2.0 hit the AppStore about half an hour ago, so if you already own F-SIM, head over to the AppStore now and download the update for free!

Version 2.0 is amazing well worth the money

Archived