Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW EQ3/EQ3-2 vs Celestron CG-4?

GrantEb

Hi all

Anyone have a good idea of the differences between these two mounts mechanically?

I have seen the CG-4 comes with a more heavy/sturdy tripod and has a different weight extension bar attachment. I also have seen mention that the CG4 has bearings on both axis, which seems the SW does aswell?

Thanks

Grant

The EQ3-Pro will definitely fit the HEQ-5 tripod... I went the other way having picked up a HEQ-5 Syntrek minus tripod and weights for £5... I was over the moon that it used the same fitting so would fit the pier I had made for the EQ3-Pro.... Teh teo also use the same handset which meant I hd a bargain HEQ5-Synscan... and the Syntrek Handset is all I need for the way I have been using the EQ3-Pro... as a much cheaper Astrotrac Substitute... also made up the EQDir cable using the FTDI RS232-TTL adaptor abd a bit of Cat-5:)

Archived