Telescope storage - Improves Contrast!!

iwatkins

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe the local council could provide photon recycling bins next to the bottle-banks?

They already have them at Aldi next to the battery recycling box. :D

Sorry, I just didnt get being called a lamer. Can you explain?

Don't take it too seriously, they are ONLY smilies, and merely a symbol that when viewed represents an expressive face - formed by the characters and used in forums etc to indicate that the writer is pleased or joking.

It's lame to not have a sense of humour...

:D

What I normally do is put all my eyepieces and filters in the tube, put the end cap on and give it all a good shake. That seems to get most of them out.

For the really stubborn ones some old bits of sharp scrap metal and a few stones does the trick.

I keep them all in a bucket and them sprinkle them on the Christmas tree at the end of the year. It looks great and saves a fortune on the electricity bill!

A healthy way to stop the photons would entail a visit to your local greengrocer. Depending on the size of your scope buy a piece of fruit and stuff it into the end of your reflector or slice it in half and squish it over the end of your refractor. I suggest an apple for a 3", mango for 4", coconut for 5", pineapple for 6". This would also count towards your 5 a day. You won't see much though.. so... maybe.....Drat!

A healthy way to stop the photons would entail a visit to your local greengrocer. Depending on the size of your scope buy a piece of fruit and stuff it into the end of your reflector or slice it in half and squish it over the end of your refractor. I suggest an apple for a 3", mango for 4", coconut for 5", pineapple for 6". This would also count towards your 5 a day. You won't see much though.. so... maybe.....Drat!

:D

Archived