SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Milton Keynes

EdF_uk

Hello,

I've been lurking around here for a few months but was wondering whether there are any other people from the Milton Keynes area? If so I'd be interested in hearing from you and your experiences of looking at the stars in this area. The skies in the city are light polluted but are there any good vieing areas outside in the surrounding area?

Ed

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there

and welcome to the forum,i live in milton keynes and am still in the learning stage i do the observing from my back garden and have seen a few things with my sw200pds like orion nebula,pleiades,the beehive clusters saturn and jupiter so viewing aint to bad but i dont think we will be seeing many galaxys and nabulas with out taking long exsposures with a camera of some sort.

As for darker skies you would have to go out to the outer villages but i have heard the ivinghoe beacon is good to go to.

What sort of scope have you got or you still considering that?

enjoy dazz

Hi everyone.

Dazz,

I haven't got my scope yet but after a few months consideration I'm going to go for a skywatcher 200p on a heq5 syntrek mount. My parents live in a small village in Bedfordshire. There are no street lights in the village so I'm hoping it will be better there.

Cheers

Ed

the sw 200p is a good scope i have the pds version and i must say i am happy with it and also have the heq5 synscan which is great to.

What you looking to do with the hobby just observing or astrophotography because if it just observing then think about a dobsonian scope there you get more aperture for your money.

Also have a look a joining the local astro club a lot of friendly and helpful people there.

Cheers dazz

Archived