Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which filter? for my refractor

I have an AR80 achro now. looking to use this scope for astro imaging. I can only go with 1.25 should I grab the Skywatcher LPR or the Baader Neodymium Filter? .

I'm thinking the Baader Neodymium Filter may offer something else on visual also?..

Thoughts please

Cheers

Rob

I don't image so have no idea if either of these filters are suited to imaging. I do have the Baader one and think that visually it does make a difference - no silver bullet here as you can never eradicate LP fully. It's £14 dearer than the Skywatcher and only you will know if that's too much extra. The other advantage is that the coatings of the Baader allow the filter to be cleaned without fear of damage which is useful and might explain the extra in price. I noticed that this advantage doesn't appear to extend to the Skywatcher one as I'm sure they would have mentioned it.

Hope that helps a bit.

James

Archived