Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Leo Triplet - LRGB

Uranium235

It seems to have taken an eternity to get this one due to the poor seeing weve had the past few weeks. But last night was perfect, so I topped up the luminence frames, but I decided to 2x bin the colour frames as I wanted to move on to NGC7023.

It was a 3.30am finish, so im feeling a little "fragile" today :)

Leo Triplet:

SW ED80, Atik 314L+, SW x0.85 FR

L (20x360) R,G,B (10x120)

Setpoint -14

Thanks for looking! :eek:

EDIT: Since reprocessed, adding more luminence frames and sligthly less saturation.

attachment.php?attachmentid=57572&stc=1&d=1304075894

post-18171-133877597077_thumb.jpg

Cheers Mike, if the forecast is wrong for tonight I will have a go at doing the colour unbinned while waiting for the Iris again. It stands a good chance of being clear becuase its been wall-to-wall sunshine today (not what was in the forecast at all!).

Thanks Nick and all who have commented, I wasnt sure how well this would turn out at 500mm but the 314 still picked out the detail. Although it was an unusually clear night :D

Have since reprocessed the final colour image, adding in the extra luminence i got using my freshly bodged CCD CLS clip filter I managed to fit inside an M48-M42 adapter. It saved me the cost of getting yet another filter... shweet! It wasnt clear enough last night to do any more RGB, but Saturday looks promising.

Archived