SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Konosky 200

Hi Peter, I think that the deafening silence may speak volumes.

My reactions after a quick google are that, whatever the quality of the optics, the 'scope is under-mounted. An 8" Newt on what looks like a copy of an EQ5/CG-5 ?

As for the optics? Can't say beyond that the spider vanes look awfully thick and heavy - those diffraction spikes will be quite noticeable.

A quick look at forum members sigs show few, if any (?), have any model of Konus 'scope.

HTH :D

I used to have a Konusky 150mm F/8 refractor. It was exactly the same as the Skywatcher Evostar 150 refractor, except that the colour scheme was yellow.

I believe that the Konusky 200 is pretty much the same as the Skywatcher 200P:

Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5

Except that the yellow (older) Konusky versions have the older style (and more wobbly) aluminum tripod legs.

An 8" scope is not necessarily undermounted on an EQ5!

I have a 200p on an EQ4 which is fine for visual and webcam work. Sometimes, too much emphasis is placed on gette a bigger, more expensive mount when it's not always necessary.

hi guys, thanks for your honest comments. the mount is an EQ5, with add on motors to each axis. the colour scheme is blue, with a rack and pinion focus, with a built in polar sight.

• 11 years later...

I have attached the photograph of the 8" Kornosky-200 motorised telescope that I have, and a picture I have named Moon Dragon that I captured of the Waxing Gibbous Moon.

It is a very heavy telescope, and takes some time getting use to. I replaced the battery pack with a 12 volt DC power adapter that works really well. 

I have also bought a mobile phone adapter and a plossel case of filters and eye pieces.

It is a good telescope, and the optics are great. Having the phone adapter is really good for viewing, taking pictures, and taking videos.

Kornusky-200.jpg

MoonDragon - Copy.jpg