sgl_imaging_challenge_6_banner_jupiter_2021.jpg.eacb9f0c2f90fdaafda890646b3fc199.jpg

Celestron 127 SLT Telescopes back in stock!

FLO

Yes, we will soon be offering Gerd Neumann Aurora FlatFeild panels and other Astronomik products, including their filters, filter drawers and Ronchi eyepieces. Our first delivery should arrive in about two weeks. It is supposed to be a secret until the new website is launched so Mum's the word :)

Steve

I am glad you asked :)

The Skywatcher 127 AZ GOTO and Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT are essentially the same telescope made in the same factory (by Synta) but the Celestron version does offer a few extras:

SkyAlign (more beginner friendly GOTO alignment). Four additional alignments including 1 star align and solar system align. Auxiliary port for additional accessories. PC control and Sky Maps software included. GPS module compatible. Compatible with Celestron’s NexRemote for PC control. Internal battery compartment (so no external corded battery pack). Optically they are identical.

None of the above is Earth shattering and normally the Celestron version is £30-40 more expensive but currently it is almost the same price as the Skywatcher so is the better buy.

HTH,

Steve

None of the above is Earth shattering and normally the Celestron version is £30-40 more expensive but currently it is almost the same price as the Skywatcher so is the better buy.

Got it. And only Skywatcher has a non-GOTO Supatrak version slightly cheaper.

So if one wants a GOTO 127 Mak, it does seem better with the Celestron one as it got PC interface which I assume can be interfaced planetarium apps if needed.

Thanks!

Sorry to re start this thread but as your talking about the mak I have a question, Does it need to be collimated? I have been looking around and some people seem to think it does and others say it does not.

Best Wishes

Dale

Hi Dale,

In some way, both answers are right! To work well, the mirrors do need to be aligned, but it is only rarely necessary for the user to have to collimate it, unless it has received a knock. So if you buy one new, expect not to have to collimate it, if you treat it well.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

I've just been looking at one of these on your website and found this thread here, do you still have these in stock?

[edit]

I've just noticed something odd with the website, next to the scope there is a list of accessories you can pick also linked at the bottom of the page, there is a power cable linked

SkyTron Power Supply Cable for Skywatcher & Celestron Mounts

But when I click on it to have a look it says in big bold text

Not suitable for Celestron SLT, Celestron CGEM, Skywatcher Supatrak or Skywatcher AZ-GOTO mounts.

it would seem either it's not a recomended accessory or the warning is wrong?

[/edit]

Thanks,

Tyr

Edited by Tyr

I've just been looking at one of these on your website and found this thread here, do you still have these in stock?

Yes, we have Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT telescopes in stock for overnight delivery.

I've just noticed something odd with the website, next to the scope there is a list of accessories you can pick also linked at the bottom of the page, there is a power cable linked

SkyTron Power Supply Cable for Skywatcher & Celestron Mounts

But when I click on it to have a look it says in big bold text

Not suitable for Celestron SLT, Celestron CGEM, Skywatcher Supatrak or Skywatcher AZ-GOTO mounts.

it would seem either it's not a recomended accessory or the warning is wrong?

Oops! We do have Skytron cables suitable for the SLT series but have forgotten to update the listing. I'll do it now. Thank-you for mentioning it ;)

Steve