Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn

Stargazer Jack

Good effort, the focus may be out slightly or it may just be the seeing. Why did you decide not to use the barlow? It would add greatly to the image scale. Was it to extend the time Saturn was within the FoV due to the absence of tracking?

Keep at it,

Ian

Yeah, I just couldn't find it with the Barlow in but I will try next time the sky clears and the seeing is good. The focus is not the best and I was hoping to get an automatic one but they don't work on my telescope :eek: I am using wxastrocapture to get these and sometimes sharpcap. Do these have the zoom button in? Thanks :)

I'd never go back to using wxastrocapture. Results from Sharpcap are so much better in my experience. There is a zoom button in Sharpcap (at the top of the liveview?) I zoom in until the planet fills the screen and then focus as best I can (very tiny rotations of the focuser). With a 130P you should be able to see banding and possible the cassini division at good focus and seeing.

Hope this helps

I'd never go back to using wxastrocapture. Results from Sharpcap are so much better in my experience. There is a zoom button in Sharpcap (at the top of the liveview?) I zoom in until the planet fills the screen and then focus as best I can (very tiny rotations of the focuser). With a 130P you should be able to see banding and possible the cassini division at good focus and seeing.

Hope this helps

That news is great! I would just love to see a gap between the rings and planet nevermind the banding and division :)

Hope this helps

is the zoom infinite? i'm sure i only saw 400%?

Thats a really good effort. I had similar problems finding the damn thing with a barlow before I had tracking.

Trick was to use smallest ep, focus roughly so in the frame of capture software and then centre it.

Quicker than a quick thing: swap in the barlow and focus in . TBH 50/50 hit and miss but once you've done it you'll be happy.

Cheers

Archived