1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

looking high up with e/q mount ?

any tips. while trying to locate m81/82 the other night having the scope pointing up so high, the mount becomes increasingly harder to manouver around. is this just a beginers problem .

i ended up almost lying on the floor looking through the e/p ,just a nightmare.:)

I used to have the same problem when I had an EQ mount. Only thing I can think to suggest is rotating the tube in the mount, if you are not already doing this?

I recently switched to a dob, much easier :)

It does help a bit where the spotting scope has ended up in a difficult position. But yes, rory, stuff right overhead is hard to get on. If you don't have one a red dot finder, Quikfinder etc will help a lot. Or just accept you'll have to crawl on the floor sometimes and try and set up somewhere dry.

thanks all. yep ive got a diagonal. but as its a long telescope the e/p ends up near the floor.

shall i invest in a pillow ? lol.

i now see why some pictures ive seen of refractors have huge legs for the mounts.