Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observatory Build Underway

malc-c

There are 4... no 5 screens in this lounge :icon_salut: The big monitor on this computer, another smaller one on the webcam PC, our Main TV and the CCTV monitor, currently watching the goat shed, making sure our young billy doesn't get through to to the young nannies out in the duck paddock, one of which is on heat! Then there's my netbook which I've been setting up for another webcam. Oh and there's an old laptop running my weather station software. That makes 6 then :D

it's just taken me best part of 2 hours to read this entire thread, and wow... I'm really impressed and very envious!

You have given me some ideas, we have a very under used 4m x 4m decking area at the bottom of our garden........................

it's just taken me best part of 2 hours to read this entire thread, and wow... I'm really impressed and very envious!

You have given me some ideas, we have a very under used 4m x 4m decking area at the bottom of our garden........................

Thanks for the comments and glad it has given you some ideas, and look forward to reading your build thread :icon_salut:

And as I have said before in my own thread.....

Everyday I look at it or I am inside,

I can say

"I BUILT THAT"

:icon_salut::D:D:D:D:D:D

Wayne

Wayne, that is oh so true. There's not a day goes past without me doing the same at least once (normally more :) ) in the day.

It's also the look on peoples face when they are informed (normally by the wife) that I built it and not a professional builder :D

• 2 months later...

just spent last couple of hours reading this, great build malc and some ideas there for my future build.

I'm looking at getting a skip in a few weeks so the old froggy sandpit will be going :) -

surely you can't be serious:eek::)

Sorry to say the frog is toast ! :)

It wasn't in good shape anyway, especially after the mother-in-law sat on it thinking it was solid and squashed it completely - a classic "you've been framed" moment - just wish I had had the video camera to hand and earned myself £250 !!

Thanks Steve,

There are still things I want to do, like line out the scope room with ply, and fit some white lighting in there too, but other than that it's proved to be very functional, and I'm happy with the way it's turned out.

Thats not bad at all considering the cost of buying one, plus id say the one you have built is ever so much more homely than a tin dome or something wouldnt you say??

Plus the sense of acheivement in completing something like this must be much more than buying a ready made one too.

• 2 weeks later...