Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from North London

dazlewis

Hi all, I discovered the forum a few days ago and thought I should join as it seems like the ideal place to learn and get tips.

I'm only just starting out, some friends clubbed together to buy me a Meade ETX80 as a birthday present a few months ago and I've been learning the basics.

Unfortunately stargazing opportunities are limited in North London due to the light pollution, so I know I'm going to have to travel to find dark skies. If anyone is from London and knows of nearby places I'd love to hear about them.

Looking forward to talking with everyone in the future and learning as much as possible.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Daz & welcome...in the same boat here...jumping on the M25 & round to Guildford is looking best bet for me so far...I'm near Harrow, so if ya find a friendly bunch to view with...give me a shout

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Brantuk - Thanks for the heads up re Baker St Irregular Astronomers, will definitely check them out.

Dobby - I work near Harrow and I've heard some places in the Chilterns are good - e.g. Ivinghoe near Aylesbury.

Hi Daz and welcome,

I am from N London too (N7)... I am very new to this and does not even own a scope... just my eyes, some bins and a camera!

As brantuk mentionned earlier, BSIA meet last Wednesday each month in Regents Park; haven't met them yet and am out of the country for the next meeting (this Wednesday)

More infos on their website BSIA News

They also have a Facebook page; you can join and they will you Event reminders :)

Thanks again all, great to be made to feel so welcome so quickly.

Celinibellini, I also can't make the BSIA meet tomorrow but am going to go next month. Never thought there would be a group so central.

Archived