SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn + registax 5&6

Notts star

Hi all took these lastnight the avi was done on registax 5 and 6

the top one is 6 and bottom is 5

HELP could someone tell me or show me how to get good close ups of planets as some of you have :)

these was taken using x2 barlow and i have x3 barlow

post-25041-133877568728_thumb.jpg

post-25041-133877568732_thumb.jpg

You really need more scale so the 3X (or more) will help with that. Problem is that more X = fainter image and more difficulty getting the image onto the chip, but IMO it is well worth the challenge.

Hi Notts Star,

For 'close up' planetary imaging you really need a lomger focal length in the reange of 4000-8000mm. For instance I have C11 focal length 2800mm and I use a 2x barlow giving me 5600mm. For brighter objects I sometimes use 3x giving 8400mm !

Your 130p will have a focal length of about 650mm so with a 2x barlow you still only have 1300mm. This is why your images are smaller than some of those posted on this site. Don't worry, we all started at smaller focal lengths and worked our way up with bigger scopes etc. Hope that helps explain it.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Notts Star,

For 'close up' planetary imaging you really need a lomger focal length in the reange of 4000-8000mm. For instance I have C11 focal length 2800mm and I use a 2x barlow giving me 5600mm. For brighter objects I sometimes use 3x giving 8400mm !

Your 130p will have a focal length of about 650mm so with a 2x barlow you still only have 1300mm. This is why your images are smaller than some of those posted on this site. Don't worry, we all started at smaller focal lengths and worked our way up with bigger scopes etc. Hope that helps explain it.

Best regards

Peter

thanks for for info so bigger is better :)

Archived