Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS

astro mick

Hi.

Did i see the ISS last night.(24/04/11) I live on the East Coast,and at about 2100 hours,saw a steadily moving bright light travelling from West to East.It was about the same brightness as Jupiter,and there was no noise.If so then it was the first time i have seen it.

Here,s hoping.

Mick.

Thanks Geoff,and to Jim for a confirmed sighting.I was really exited about seing this,as you dont see this every day.One amusing note,i rushed indoors to tell my wife that i thought i was looking at the ISS passing overhead.

She did,nt even look up from her TV programme,but remarked"Did you wave!!!)

There really is a difference,there really is LOL.

Mick.

For the next few weeks, so long as the skies are clear, you should be able to see it every night. Tonight was my 8th night of seeing it consecutively. My Mother loves it. She still can't get her head around it's position in relation to what she perceive's it to be. When it entered the earth's shadow tonight, it was over Germany. She's sticking to her guns that it was only over Southend. :)

Just got my first ever sighting of it. Just happened to look on Heavens above and saw that there was a visible pass at 23:04.... My computer clock said 23:03 so I legged it outside, tripped over the washing basket on the way, but pretty much as soon as I looked up there it was. Very bright for a time, then faded away to nothing quite quickly, which is exactly what it said would happen on Heavens above. i'll try and catch it again sometime in the next few nights, but will grab the bins to see if i an get a closer look .

Thanks Geoff,and to Jim for a confirmed sighting.I was really exited about seing this,as you dont see this every day.

Ironically, at the moment you do see this every day! At least if you live in Wilts and the weather keeps holding...

Archived