SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

saturn 20th april - 24th april

neil phillips

Hi guys

Karlo, kind of going beyond happy or not recently. I know i cant do any better than i am, so from that perspective im not dis pleased lets say. seeing on a couple of the shots was a little calmer. And trying larger scale again as can be seen on the 121% shots. But larger scale is fun. rhough often it is not showing more. The most detail i think has come out on the resized IR 742 shot, at about F15 1/15th secs exposure. i like the filter under poor uk skys. but really its light transmission with a 245mm scope and DMK is very difficult, requiring slower exposures than i would like. and smaller focal lengths. Im learning already about this filter. i think about F15 1/15th secs is about as far i can really take the filter with my equipment. And i do think, although IR is a bit heavy on the eye. its contrast and detail retrieval. is certainly superior under poor skys. The lack of chat Karlo is lazyness. ive been out a lot recently enjoying the summer air. had a few pints yesterday of real english ale. was recovering this morning when i posted this lol.

Its a 245mm Orion Europa f6.3. DMK 21, IR 742 Astronomik rype 2 rgbs NEQ6 mount.

Archived