SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Not my thing but I presume people use fast frame cameras (webcams on upwards into scientific video cameras). I've no real knowledge of these but modifying basic webcams seems to be the cheapest way. I use a DMK21 which I bought second hand on here for imaging the sun.

The hard part will be tracking the fast moving satellites. You will need a sophisticated knowledge of when and where they will be. I guess folks grab as many frames as they can and then just look for a good one.

I hope someone will give you more info.

Olly

ollypenrice's Photos

If you are wishing to just capture a trail of the ISS as it passes over all you need is a camera that has a tripod bush and the ability to take exposures of a few seconds, preferably a 'B' setting and a cable release. Check on the Heavens Above website for a favourable ISS pass, to see where the ISS will be in the sky click on the highlighted date to see a map showing the path of the ISS. Aim the camera at the path of the sky where the ISS will be at it's zenith and the fire the shutter when the ISS reaches that area.

Peter

Archived