Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First dso, maybe?

Steve_meg

Tried again last night to find a dso, decided to try for m53 cluster. Unfortunately I only had time for a quick star gaze. Just as I was about to pack up I noticed a grey fuzz. I don't know what it was, is there any other dso near m53?

As I was only out for a short while I set up near the house which probably didn't help as I couldn't make out much

there is coma berenices itself (berenices hair) which is a very loose open cluster which can be seen naked eye from a dark sit and may look like a big fuzzy patch. If you're searching for your first dso, there are probably some easier ones than m53 now - M44, M67, M36, 37, 38 and 35 are all brightish open clusters which are probably easier to find than M53. later on in the night m13 is very easy to find.

good luck:)

well i thought that as i can easily find spica and saturn i could go from there, but wasnt as easy as i thought. will try find some of the others when the skies are clear. what time is best to view m13?

Archived