SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 23/04/2011 - With storm

cgarry

Like many others here I continue to fight to get a decent image of Saturn on the SPC900NC's chip. Last night was a bit less hazy than previous nights and a bit more light made it through making the job a little easier. For me the conditions were the best I have seen since 23 March. Maybe there is something about the 23rd day of the month...

Anyway, after a quick process this is what I managed:

post-21918-133877567968_thumb.jpg

Saturn 23/04/2011 00:04

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the comments guys. I assume the conditions were good for others too and am looking forward to some quality images from other UK planetary imagers once they have had time to process the data.

I have played around with this a bit and this is the same image with stronger colours. I am not sure which way I prefer.

post-21918-133877568093_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

Really nice

I imaged using the C6 last night with my new cam and was happy, but looking at your image i think I will try with the C9.25 tonight if conditions allow as that is a cracking image.

Did you use a barlow, if so which?

Dave

Thanks again for the comments.

Dave, I use a x2.5 Powermate. Any more magnification and I think the light will be spread a little too thin on the chip for how dim Saturn is.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived