SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Meteor Spotting

Best thing is to lie down on a sun bed and maintain a constant skywards gaze, perhaps whilst hopping around with binocs. You're guaranteed to see one like this allmost every night of the year.

Can't miss 'em - they light up their track like a xmas tree - but they're over very quick so odd gazes at the sky reduce your chance of seeing one quite drastically :)

i was looking at Albireo the other night and a meteor went straight through my eyepiece field of vision, million to one shot. then 2 minutes later i saw a satellite go through lyra. best minutes viewing ive had so far.

ive worked nights as a truck driver for the last five years and seen numerous meteors, my advice is just look up, dont focus on just one area of sky, your peripheral vision will pick them up.

i was looking at Albireo the other night and a meteor went straight through my eyepiece field of vision, million to one shot. then 2 minutes later i saw a satellite go through lyra. best minutes viewing ive had so far.

ive worked nights as a truck driver for the last five years and seen numerous meteors, my advice is just look up, dont focus on just one area of sky, your peripheral vision will pick them up.

Thank you for the advice :) Do you know if you can see the perseid meteor shower in Australia?

Archived