Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello all

StokieMarc

Good afternoon,

I have been reading so much online information over the last few months, I thought it was about time I actually joined a forum. I have always had an interest in astronomy but have not really been serious with it, until now. Prof. Brian Cox is partly to blame for my fascination but also when my wife had a new phone, it had Google Sky App on it, which just made looking at the sky so much more accessible. I spent many of early March looking at Jupiter in the early evening, being impressed by how easy to find it was. I have no kit at the moment so it's all been through the naked eye other than recently when I borrowed some high power binoculars. I have recently been looking at Betelgeuse and Orion and also Saturn a bit later on, but again only through binoculars. It's my birthday in a few weeks and I am asking the wife for a telescope, I really want the Skywatcher 130P but I think it's a bit out of budget at £180. Anyone have any suggestions for a more affordable 'beginners' scope? Or is it worth spending that bit more for a good scope? (130P) My aim is to invest in a SLR camera to get into astrophotography, but that is a bit further down the line.

Anyway, I hope to be a regular visitor and poster to the forum, and any advice help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Marc

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived