Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

philj

1st bash at solar

OK its not a patch on the stuff some of you guys are posting but you gotta start somewhere:)

Thanks to Pete (psychobilly) for donating the Kendrick solar film filter for my 4" F15 at SGL6 Ive been watching the sun for a few days and deccided to stick a camera in and take a couple of snaps.

Im pleased as a 1st attempt still got alot to learn but Ive caught some sunspots :)

Details, vintage Fullerscopes 4" F15 refractor with Atik 314l, Kendrick white light solar filter for etx. I put IR block and contrast booster filters on the camera nose to sharpen things up a bit.

Oh and Ive tweaked them with false colour

Philj

post-14930-133877567722_thumb.jpg

post-14930-133877567732_thumb.jpg

Edited by philj

Nice result from the blend of old and new technology...

I still haven't got round to sticking one on the font of one of my scopes yet...... but seeing those results maybe its time that I did especially seeing as my ETX is back with me at the moment so I'll have to try it with the DMK21AU04AS...:)

Just glad your finding it useful :eek:

Peter...

Edited by Psychobilly

Excellent result, I'll have to show the Mrs as I used the finderscope the wrong way around earlier to project them onto paper for her :)

Thanks guys it seemed a tad unusual to be out with a scope in the daylight and not freezing my wotsits off, but I thoroughly enjoyed observing and imaging the sun.

Pete, yep Ive certainly been putting the filter to good use, its about the 5th time its been out recently, thanks again

Philj

Nice one Phil, that's an excellent start in solar imaging.

Nice images Phil. This Solar imaging could get addictive! Sunshine, blue sky, in the back garden with a glass of wine, some cheese and a good book .... hmm : ))

Much better than at -5C with 6 layers of clothes on, fingers going numb and feet blocks of ice.

Tom