Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HST: 21-04-2011

No, not a High Speed Train :)

Heavens above continues to get it right. Bang on time and exactly where it said it would be, HST passed below Capella, but I missed that due to passing clouds, however I easily spotted it once it cleared a little, sweet and bright and heading towards the plough.

I watched through the 10x42s for a while, incredible, really, how I wish I'd had the 20x80s, I swear I'd have seen shape!

So bright was it that I had no problem swapping from binoculars to nekkid eye and back again. As it approached the plough I started taking pot shots with the poxy fuji.

I've tweeked the image to bring out the clouds and make HST appear as bright as it did nekkid eye:

5639981227_d7ef0f9f0c.jpg

Hubble through the clouds by jessplop84, on Flickr

I continued to watch as Hubble passed into shadow, needles to say, I had a HUGE grin!

Tonight and tomorrow night, even brighter and higher passes are predicted. Hopefully the good weather will remain...

Archived